What does it mean to be a cool dad in today’s world? There used to be a very strict hierarchy in families, where the dads were the tops dogs and the breadwinners and the women were very much stay at home carers for their children. However, over the years, dynamics have changed, with men taking on more household responsibilities – not just taking out the bin. A 2014 study reported that there had been a huge rise in stay at home dads. What sort of presents can be bought for 21st-century dads? Of course, there are traditional novelty gifts, but what about a gift that they can have proper use out of?
- Magnetic wristband; key gadget to hold screws and nails whilst he hammers or drills away.
- Laser levels; ensure that he gets that shelf straight – the first-time round!
- Quadsaw; these things look seriously cool and right up any DIY dad’s street. This device turns power drills into saws.
There are tonnes of household gadgets available that can help dads around the kitchen – and they don’t have to be the standard boring kitchen gadgets, get creative! For example:
- Lightsabre BBQ tongs; for the dads with a love for Star Wars.
- Breakfast sandwich maker; wave goodbye to early morning McDonald’s drives through’s! With making breakfast burgers at home just got cheaper and easier.
- Electric knife sharpener; Help him carve the Sunday roast with the sharpest of knives.
We are seeing a big shift in household responsibilities and who does them. Whilst cleaning may not be every dad’s cup of tea, there are gift opportunities for those who do have a love for it. Below are only a few gadgets that can help around the house:
- Cordless vacuum cleaners; Let them hover anywhere in the house minus the tangled mess.
- Wireless headphones; So, they can combine dad dancing and be vacuuming in any room without compromising the quality of sound.
- Desk organizer; Dads that work and use their desk a lot may need a helping hand to get super organized.
- Drones; perfect for dads who love flying model airplanes. Try upgrading it by purchasing one with a built-in camera!
- Virtual reality glasses; (this could be a laugh) try transporting your dad to another dimension with these new glasses.
- Electronic Food thermometer or a pizza cooker; perfect for dads with a combined interest in cooking and gadgets!
Recently, there has been a boom in vinyl and record player sales, which means they have become more readily available. Not only are they easier to get, they have evolved. Available to buy, are customizable portable vinyl players, record players which can convert his records to digital audio files and even ones with AM/FM radio functions. Other musical gifts that come to mind are:
- A year’s subscription to a music service like Amazon Prime or Spotify
- Concert Tickets; Is there a gig happening locally? Do they happen to be your dad’s favorite band?
- Wireless speakers; they can listen to their favorite album anywhere!
Keep camera loving dads happy, and depending on the present budget, these nifty gadgets CF1 could get you in the good books:
- Phone printers; this gives dads everywhere the ability to instantly print any photos anywhere.
- Camera Lenses; these can be clipped onto a phone and over the camera lens to help him take awesome photos.
- Smartphone projectors; Make any room a cinema with a projector that can be easily set up.
Don’t settle for a traditional ‘best dad’ mug, think about what he loves doing, whether it’s cooking or gardening – with these gifts, any 21st-century dad will be happy!